Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Strawberry Upside Down Cake


Good morning!  It's Lorie here today to share what I've been up to lately with you, AND... Don't faint... BUT I have a video to share, as well!!!  Truth be told, I don't think I'll mind making them as much as I used to, because I've finally played with my new software enough that it seems fairly easy to me.  Now, the wait to get them uploaded... THAT'S another story entirely!!  Anyway, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally have my video uploaded and ready to share, but first, here's a look at my project.
After our recent blog hop, it was noted that some of you wanted to see more... yes... Copic coloring tutorials, as well as more layouts, so for this, I combined the two.   I have quite a collection of these 6x6 recipe cards, and I LOVE them.  It's such a fun, and creative way to collect and have all your favorite recipes right at your fingertips.  You can either store them in an album, or I've even seen little stands with rings to hold the pages.  For this project, I pulled out what I call and "Oldie, But Goodie", which is the Hamemade Tag CottageCutz die.  To that, I added the Napkin & Decorative Teaspoons die, along with the Strawberry Mini.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye Life of the Party collection.  I sponged the edges of the napkin, and tag using chocolate chip classic ink from Stampin' Up!.  The recipe is computer generated, and OH, MY GOODNESS is it ever delicious!!  Perfect, quick and easy strawberry shortcake, right there!

The strawberries were cut using white card stock and colored with Copics, and as I mentioned, you can see the video below to get all the details on how I went about it and what colors I used.  If you get a chance, please visit my blog, www.thethinkinspot.blogspot.com and join in the Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.  You'll find out there what it's all about, and I love that I could combine my CottageCutz project with the blog hop today!
So happy you could join us on this beautiful day!  Make it a great one, and Happy Crafting!!!





4 comments:

nbuston said...

All I can think of to say is "WOW". You Wowwed us today Lorie! The card is exceptional. The recipe card is so cute--what a wonderful gift to give someone. The demonstration on the copics is just what I needed. Identifying the ones you were using as you instructed was perfect. More of that please. Thank you so much!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful recipe card Lorie!!! Love the cottagecutz strawberries they are soo yummy looking!! Love the video tooo, thank you!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Janice W. said...

Beautiful recipe card and great tutorial! So pretty.

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just so sweet and adorable. I can see attaching that recipe to the homemade dessert and presenting it as a gift. It is always the special touches that show how much you care. I love how you did the napkin and spoons. Just darling.