Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day with Scrapping Cottage


Happy Valentine's Day love birds. I made this sweet gift card holder that would be perfect for a Valentines gift. Let's take a closer look...
I love the way in this picture you can really see the detail. The birds wings pop up and add such great dimension.   I bent the tips just a bit before gluing them down so they would be elevated.

TIP: Don't forget to ink your edges of your dies to give them a finished look.

The back of the holder is attached with a heart key that was stamped and embossed and is held down with a small piece of twine.

I used the following Scrapping Cottage Dies to create this little gem.
I wish you lots of love today and for the rest of the year.
Hugs,

3 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Lori this is super cute. I love you tip about inking the edges. Don't you just love how fun these dies are to put together. You did a fabulous job.

Cheryl Walker said...

Lori I LOVE this Valentine Envelope its DARLING!!! And perfect size for a giftcard, super cute hun!!1
hugs,
Cheryl

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

LOVE THESE! I especially love the bird 3d'd with the same color. I would not have thought to do this, but now I will have to try!