Saturday, December 23, 2017

Baby Jesus with Animals die


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.
 
Well, it's now just 2 days until Christmas. All my cards are sent and gifts wrapped. I have one last Christmas card to show you that reflects (to me) the reason we celebrate Christmas.
 
Today for your viewing pleasure, I created a card using the Baby Jesus with Animals die.  I really liked this die and I thought a good way to highlight it was to simply sponge a nighttime sky. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card.
 
 
Step 2:  I cut my image from black cardstock. I thought this would accent it nicely against the sponged background. 
I used a berry and blue cardstocks to layer and as the card base. The cardstock matches my ink colors.
 
Berry card base:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Blue layering panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Sponged panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Step 3: I completed the card by stamping my sentiment on the sponged background panel. The panels are attached with double sided tape. That's it for me for this week. I will see you on Saturday, January 6.
 
I would like to extend a Merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays to all of the ScrappingCottage Blog readers. If you are going to be doing some after Christmas shopping make sure you drop by the online store. There is a big after Christmas sale coming.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbabyjesuswithanimalselites.aspx
 
 

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Mary you created such a gorgeous night sky for that wonderful manger! Beautiful card!

Anja Ž. said...

This card is beautiful. I love the background colors.