Monday, April 09, 2012

Cottage Cutz Lady Bug Gift Box

 
Greetings friends and bloggers.  Today I wanted to share with you this gift box I made for Cottage Cutz Die Cuts from The Scrapping Cottage.  I used the Ladybug and the Daisy Doily Dies.
This Ladybug is awesome.  So cute and so easy to put together.  All I did was cut the body with black card stock and the wings with red card stock.  I put some foam dimensional adhesive on the back of the wings and mounted it on the body.    My daisies are made with a punch and the centers are Martha Stewart Flocking.

 Here you can see a close up of these pretty Ladybugs which are "Good Luck" by the way! The Daisy doily was used as the base for this flower and bug arrangement.  I cut it down approximately 3/4 of the way and applied it to the top of the box.

 Here's the corner Ladybug at the bottom right of the box. 

Surprise!!!!  Now here is what is inside the box.  I bet you weren't expecting these little sweeties in here were you.  How could I resist not making something so cute with this die.

 They are paper clips.  All you have to do is assemble the Ladybug like I described above then cut one extra black body.  sandwich your paper clip between the Ladybug and the body piece and glue together-so easy and so cute.

I die cut a little leaf to place behine the Ladybug to make it look like the Ladybug was crawling on a leaf.  Here are the dies from Cottage Cutz that I used in this project.  Your can find them here:



Thank you so much for stopping by to see my project today.  I am so in love with this ladybug die that you will probably see it throughout the summer in my projects.  I love it!!!

7 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Wow, I love everything about this card! So many fabulous details! The paperclip lady bugs on the inside is just a wonderful addition to it all!

Lorie said...

WOW! Great project, Carol, and you're absolutely right. That lady bug die is as cute as can be, and a must have for summer projects! Lovely work as always!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Oh my goodness. This project is AWESOME and SUPER CUTE!! I can't wait to give it a try. The dies you used have just made their way to the top of my wish list. :)

Do you have a template and instructions for the actual box? This would make a WONDERFUL thinking of you gift for so many people.

Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww Carol this is just too DARLING!!! I love all the details, and LOVE the DARLING ladybugs. they are good luck and super sweet!! Beautiful job as always hun!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Janice W. said...

Great gift box Carol and the paper clips are so cute!

Joanne said...

Absolutely adorable Carol. I love the ladybug paperclips. What a cute idea. Great job!!!

MiamiKel said...

LOVE!! This is as stunning as it gets! Love the rich vibrant colors and how wonderfully fun this is! gorgeous!!