Friday, August 13, 2010

You're Toad-ally Awesome!!

Good morning, and happy Friday the 13th to you!  Happy birthday birthday to me on this Friday the 13th.  I wasn't born on Friday the 13th, but I've sure had lots of birthday's celebrated on them.  I want to share a card with you today that expresses how I feel about being a part of this wonderful group of talent on The Scrapping Cottage Design Team.  I think they are each and every one TOAD-ALLY awesome, so here's my card for all of YOU today.  For this card I used the Frog on Lily Pad, Marker Sign, and the Zig-Zag Edger dies, all from The Scrapping Cottage.  Oh my goodness, were they ever fun to work with!!  This time I used colored card stock, and then shaded with my Copic markers.  I just couldn't quite get the look I wanted using white card stock, so that's why I changed it up a bit.  I found that it worked wonderfully to color the colored card stock with markers.  Another fun thing I thought I'd try was cutting the fire flies wings with acetate.  I love the way this looks in real life!!  It's such a small, but effective touch.  The sentiment for this card was computer generated, and all the die cuts are popped up with pop dots.
I'm so happy you could drop by today.  I wish YOU a toad-ally awesome day, lots of happy crafting, and again, a very happy Friday!!

 


I

4 comments:

Janice W. said...

Hi Lorie,
You are toad-ally awesome too! I love your card! I always do! You did a great job shading the colored cardstock, and your fireflies are great with the acetate!

Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a great one!
Big hugs, Janice

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Oh WOW, its a verry cool frog.
This is a wonderful card.
Annette

Amy K said...

Toad-ally adorable! Great card.
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

Ruth Ellen said...

Hope you had a happy birthday Lorie!! I love your card today!! Your frog looks fabulous and the sentiment is hilarious!! This card would brighten up anyone's day!!