Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Creepy Treats

What does every Halloween party need? Creepy Treats. . . . Cupcakes with gummy worms on top. This week for a Halloween card I decided to use the Cottage Cutz Cupcake #04 from the Valentine collection and Cottage Cutz Worm die from Spring. I used a traditional square 5" x 5" card and embossed ( Sizzie, large dot) and torn pieces of card stock. The chocolate cupcakes were trimmed in worms on a peach frosting with bugle beads (black/clear/white) and Stickle. Be sure to glue the bugle beads down with Glossy Accents. . .if you lob to much glue, it does not matter because the Stickle takes care of the cover up. I used the same pattern on the edge of the card by running the worms around the edge on the peach card stock and adding the beads and Stickle. I think the bugle beads take longer to fish out of the bag, choose the colors and glue onto the card than the rest of the card.

5 comments:

Janice W. said...

What a great idea to turn that cute cupcake into creepy treats! I love your card! Very creative!

Shar said...

Well, ditto Janice - she took the words right off my keyboard! These are fabulous. I love the idea of making the cupcakes 'creepy'. Nice work!

Ruth Ellen said...

I love the worms on the cupcakes!! Too funny!!

Lorie said...

I swear you always manage the most creative ideas! This is a wonderful way to use that cupcake and worm die. I have that cupcake die, and now I MUST make me some creepy cupcakes with it! Fabulous job!!!

Unknown said...

Brilliant!!! Such imagination!!
Viv xxx