Friday, June 11, 2010

Milkshake anyone?

My daughter welcomed home a good friend home from college while another friend was about to depart on a two year mission for our church so they got together at a local restaurant and had some silly fun. I decided to do a layout to document this event and knew when I saw these pictures that the CottageCutz Parfait w/Strawberries was the die for this layout.

As our design team has mentioned many, many times these dies are so versatile with so many options within just one die itself. I made this die into a milkshake instead of a strawberry parfait. I wanted a straw so I simply cut a skinny piece of red cardstock and did the same for the sprinkles with different colors. Then I took my Glossy Accents and went over the cherry, straw and sprinkles to make them glossy.







2 comments:

Helmka Family said...

Adorable layout! Love the checkered paper you used. Great job making the milk shakes!
TFS!
Karen

CreatedbyKay said...

The checkered squares are actually QK dies I pieced together to look like the tablecloth.