Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mad Tea Party with the Scrapping Cottage Exclusive Die


As soon as Scrapping Cottage released this Exclusive Tea Set Die, I snatched it right up. I just knew there were going to be so many opportunities to use all the different parts of this die in my future scrapping. Princess tea parties...heritage layouts...wedding showers...the list goes on!!


When I started working on my Disney World pictures of the Tea Cups ride, I immediately thought of using this Tea Set. I don't use a lot of stickers because I like to be able to coordinate my die cut embellishments to my pictures and papers. However, I have purchased some of the Disney character stickers and so forth for my Disney pages. But the teacups sticker that came with the Mad Hatter package of Disney stickers was cute but way too small for a layout. So, by using the cup and saucer from the Tea Set die, I was able to recreate the stacked cups sticker in a much larger and perfectly color-coordinated form.

I also used my Silhouette to cut the Spinning in the Teacups title as well as one of the 12" Wave Borders to create the spinning trail coming off of the title.

2 comments:

annb said...

Great Layout!! I love your stacking cups with the Mad Hatter on top. Very Cute!!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Great way to use this die! I love the stacked teacups too!