Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer Hello card

If you are like me, you don't get to see a lot of your friends during the summer. So, what a great opportunity to let you friends know you are thinking about them AND show off your card making skills by sending out some fun and bright summer hello cards! The Cottage Cutz Summer Shapes from the June Release are just perfect! These Popsicle shapes are just perfect for any summer related paper crafting project.

For this card, I used some pearlescent cardstock to give my Popsicle a shiny, icy look. I also embossed the brown cardstock and then took my brown chalk ink and rubbed it across the top of the cardstock. Because my embossed dots are raised, it is easy to cover them with ink without getting any on the background. This technique helps the embossed pattern to stand out a bit.

I also used the Quickutz Rollerskate alpha for my sentiment. I love this alphabet because it is perfect when I need a smaller alpha but also has some style to it as well. This is a GREAT time to pick up this alpha because right now Rollerskate is 50% off!!! Add it to your cart while you are taking advantage of the last few days of the preview sale for the fabulous Halloween shapes from the September Cottage Cutz release! If you haven't seen this shapes yet, you are going to be blown away!!


1 comment:

Rochelle said...

This is avery cute card Ruth Ellen! I love the colors and all of the detail. Thanks for sharing and for the great tips! :O)