Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Hay Ewe"


I created this funny little hello card using the new QK Rev Barn die from the June Quickutz Release. I decided to add a bit of trim to the top of my barn so since I had cut the barn out twice already (once in the red stripe and once in the white), I just took the white piece of barn and trimmed the edge off the top to add to the red barn.
I also used the QK 12" cloud border, 2x2 grass, 2x2 sheep (here is cute sheep that is very similar from Sizzix), and the sun is from the Sunshine Gift Set. I picked Chick a dee for the sentiment because it is such a fun and whimsical little alpha I thought it would be a great touch to this card. The inking was done with Tim Holtz distress inks.

4 comments:

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

"Ewe" did a great job on this card...

So cute.

Rochelle said...

Very, very cute, Ruth Ellen! I love the pinstriped card and the adorable scene! A great card with a lot of character! :O)

Beverly S. said...

SUPER cute card! Love the play on words too. :)

CreatedbyKay said...

I love how you set the barn to make it look like it was in the background and the way you embellished it - great job!